9.4.05

Ca-ray-zee!!

Work has been super busy and cuts into my blog time. I come home to eat and sleep, so no time to blog. Progress on Beaded Martha is nearing an end. Seaming is such a chore that I motivate myself by starting another project, which guilts me into seaming. Does that even make any sense to anyone? Whatever.

Got myself the new Adrienne Vittadini and VK, first one I've purchased in years. VK's Spring issue has some nice things in it. Love that AV, but I have yet to make anything from the three books I now own.

So, I visited a LYS on Friday, this one has been around for a while, and is pratonized older ladies who have money to burn (or should I say, who have lots of their husbands' money to burn) tend to go there. While there I over heard conversations about the Pope, who the new Pope should not be, antique furniture, and European cut diamonds. Back to the store. I hate stores that arrange the yarn by color as it is not practical. How am I suppose to know what different brands you carry in a certain weight? I go to the LYS knowing what I want to make and am looking to see what selection the LYS has in the particular yarn weight I need. You don't select color then yarn weight, hello, that is determined by the pattern! You go to see if they carry the yarn you need and choose the color based on what that brand offers. Strike one for the fancy schmancy LYS. Ooh, yes, they carry a very extensive collection of the Rowan, Debbie Bliss, AV, and Filatura di Crosa yarns. Very nice to look at. Imagine my surprise when I checked the price and see that a ball of Rowan Wool Cotton was something like $14! and the Online Clip, the egytian cotton yarn I wanted was over $15! I kid you not. Wanting to browse at the new Spring AV book I asked if they had a copy, yes indeed they do. Very nice and I think about getting it... that is until I saw their price, which was almost $20. Strike two! (I didn't stay any longer to find the third strike, I mean, really, after seeing those prices I was too shocked.) And I high-tailed it out of there and headed to my favorite LYS, Weaving Works, where I got the AV book for half the price they charged at the fancy schmancy LYS and got the Online Clip for just under $10 a skein.

Okay, on to the pics. Martha is pretty straight forward. Nothing much to report, oh, except that all Rowan patterns seem to be a little on the long side. The body always comes out a little long on me.

We have sleevage.


We have the body. Just need to finish seaming the armholes and a couple rows for the neckband.


Already on to the next project. I know, red, so not the color this Spring, but you should see how pretty and shiny it is in person, and so soft to the touch that I can't believe it is 100% cotton and not a cotton blend.


I'm feeling Spring-y:


No comments: