Bobble Cardi

It's just about done. Just a few more ends to weave in. Overall fun jacket to knit up. The bobbles were fun to work on . The only disappointment is the collar I worked them separately and one side came out looser than the other, so it's not symmetrical as I like. I'm trying not to think about it or else I will be tempted to frog and reknit that loose side. I used Schoeller Bermuda in Linen Biege. The gauge was a bit off but worked out okay since my frame is small. I like this yarn (a combination of cotton/acrylic) and hope it holds up well with wear and cleaning.



Eventhough today looks like this:

I am planning to be inside doing this all day:

Fueled by:

While being entertained by these people (yeah, yeah, I like watching junk.)

Finsihed another tank/vest this week. From the Rowan Cotton Tape book. I subsituted Rowan yarn with Jo Sharp Summer Soho because I don't want to pay $50 to make a tank top. I adjusted the neckline because it looked too high so I added two extra decrease stitches at the neckline edge so I had to start the decrease four rows earlier than what the pattern instructed. The book has some great patterns while the rest are too similar to each other.


Gilmore Vest

Gilmore Vest
Originally uploaded by pknitty.

Pattern: Gilmore Vest from Fable Handknit.
Needles: Addi #5
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine color#08 (I don't recommend this yarn. The color bleeds. Not only did the color rub off on my hands while knitting the color ran when I blocked it. So the collar and armhole ribbing is darker than the body. Also, on the seams the color has faded from handling. A close inspection it has this pigment dyed look to it.)
Started: April 28
Finished: May 7

Well written pattern (I did find the armhole ribbing instructions vague, but I just went with it and after two tries it worked) Easy to follow. Simple and classic design.