27.6.05

Retro Domestication

I hope there is an anthropologist or sociologist out there taking notes on the revival of crafting we seem to be in the midst of. What's the cause of this? Who are the people to are taking part? What is the demographics? How does the state of the economy and geopolitical environment play a part? What spurred me to think of this? Well, there's all this knitting, crafting, sewing and more I see on the internet, and let's not forget the multiplication of craft fairs. When I saw that Target was selling knitting kits I knew we had reached a point where it was no longer a little niche of people who had a bent creative bent. Then cupcakes are coming back like something fierce. And the other day I see that craftster are going ga-ga for retro aprons.


Apron Appeal. I like this one.

No comments: