15.6.04

Pretty pink and girlie things

A nice little gift from loving relatives.


Another week and almost another sweater. Pistachio Peace is from that great tome of Rowan patterns. A second attempt at the pattern. One of the reason I purchased the book was because of this pattern. Last summer I toiled away at it trying to get the right gauge with yarn that was too thin. I was determine to use this yarn and for some reason I couldn't accept that it wasn't going to happen. So, convincing myself that blocking would make it fit I knitted up all the pieces, seamed it, and became totally unsatisfied with it. Left the darn thing sitting in the basket for about a month, and couldn't bear to put buttons on it knowing it didn't look right: uneven stitches from too large of needles and too small of a fit. Frogging was the only option to erase any evidence of this disaster.

This time around I found the proper yarn to get to the proper gauge, and by George, I think I got it. Knitting the front and back as one piece seems to be the way to go. I really like this method of avoiding side seams. The fewer the seaming the better I say! Same goes for the sleeves.

No comments: