25.2.06

I Lurv Cali

It is so pretty! We had great weather all week long. Our trip to Monterey was spectacular because of the sun and temperature. When I win the Mega Millions Lotto this is where you can find me!



I visited a few yarn stores in between. First was Fengari in Half Moon Bay. This is a nice store with a large selection. They had lots of resources which is great, but I didn't find the IK back issue I am hunting for, the Summer '03. Yarnfibers has been talked up a bunch, but I was sort of underwhelming by it. I was expecting a lot more than I experienced. It most likely because handpainted, variegated yarn isn't really my thing. The discount room was disappointing. I did purchase two skeins of Siam, thin and thick silk; and I was planning a scarf with it but now I don't know if I want to do that. Then I stopped by Imagiknit. Now this is my kind of store! Two full rooms stacked with yarn from floor to ceiling, literally. The owner said she likes to stock a bit of everything so that everyone goes away with something. And boy, did they have a bit of everything!! If I lived in SF this would be my regular haunt!! They even have Phildar. The resource/pattern selection was over flowing, and the yarn was categorized by weight and brand. Two thumbs up for the selection, welcoming vibe and organization of the yarn. Nothing worse than a yarn shop arrange by color!! Such was the decor of Knitting by the Sea in Carmel. Man, I have not seen a pattern selection that was so sparse. Yarn arranged by color, what's up with that? I guess not too many people in Carmel knit. Too bad for them!!



Also, I went to Britex. Four flours of gorgeous fabrics!! An entire floor devoted to notions and trimmings!! Loved it. I wish I could afford the beautiful Liberty fabrics they carried, also, the silk prints. Again, when I win the lotto...when I win the lotto...

No comments: