15.1.04

Long time...

I'm back for a bit to post my FO. Let's see, it took about three months total. Started in September, worked part of October and picked it back up in late November. I did complete all pieces before 2004. (Patting myself on the back). It's my favorite project to date. I'm addicted to cabling. Got some projects from the Phildar magazine I want to start, and yes, it's the Irlandais issue... cables, cables, cables.

The photo of me is not as clear so click on it for a larger image.



(Me)


Update on the Stripe(Phildar) cardi: All the pieces are completed but I haven't been motivated to weave in all the yarn ends. Can you blame me?

Right now I'm in the midst of the Rebecca Eyelet Pattern Sweater. Has anyone tried this, if so, can you explain the armhole shaping to me. Here is what the instructions say:

When work measures 30 cm bind off
for armholes at each end of every 2nd
row 3 sts. once, 2 sts. once and 1 st.
5 times (5 sts. once, 2 sts. twice and
1st. twice) = 62 sts.
When work measures 52(55) cm bind
off 14 sts. at each end once for
shoulders, slip 34 center sts. onto a holder
for neck.

The cast on stitches are 74 for the smaller size and 80 for the larger size, no increase stitches for the body. How can I end up with 62 stitches if I decrease as the instruction indicate?